Sunday, August 24, 2014

Wooden Letter Blocks

3x3 wooden blocks were on sale at the craft store so my mom and I got some. I didn't know what exactly I was going to do with them until I found this on Pinterest and liked the idea. I did make a few changes but just so I could write a few more words.
 

First I painted each block a different color. They were all pretty neutral so they went good together no matter what order they were in. 


Then I used a Silhouette Cameo to cut out all of the letters on gold vinyl. I picked this color because it stood out on all of the blocks and it wasn't boring old black. 


After I cut out all of the letters I placed them on the blocks.


Block 1 - H, Y, E, D
Block 2 - A, C, R, S
Block 3 - R, P, E, T, J, K
Block 4 - V, N, L, O, C, R
Block 5 - E, O, M, D
Block 6 - S, M, I, K, L
Block 7 - T, F, B, W, U

Here is the letter count:
A - 1
B - 1
C - 2
D - 2
E - 3
F - 1
H - 1
I - 1
J - 1
K - 2
L - 2
M - 2
N - 1
0 - 2
P - 1
R - 3
S - 2
T - 2
U - 1
V - 1
W - 1
Y - 1




Here are some words that you can spell. I'm sure there are more that I didn't find, think of or add.

3 Letter Words
Joy
USA
4 Letter Words
Fall
Love
Noel
Hope
Home
Snow
5 Letter Words
Dream
Faith
Peace
Lucky
Trick
Treat
6 Letter Words
Family
Spooky
Winter
Mother
Father
Easter
Christ
Summer
Tricky
7 Letter Words
Blessed
Harvest
Freedom
Welcome
Friends
Monster

Have Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment