Sunday, August 17, 2014

Sweet Tooth - Chocolate Cake

I wanted something sweet and something easy so what do I do? Get on Pinterest to see what I can find and I found this. I especially liked 2 things about this cake.

  1. It didn't have eggs and that means I could lick the spoon (well in this case the fork)
  2. The only dished I had to do was the fork, which I just put in the dishwasher.
I adapted the original recipe just a tad and this is what I came up with. It was nice and moist and hit the spot of that something sweet that I was wanting.

Heat oven to  350

Add the dry ingredients in a pan
1 2/3 cups flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt

 Mix together with a fork.
Add liquid ingredients
1 cup water
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp white vinegar
1/2 tsp vanilla
Mix with a fork
Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips - I added white chocolate to give it a polka dot feel
Bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes
It doesn't look as pretty as I thought it would but it still tasted really good.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment