Thursday, August 14, 2014

Chicken Lasagna Roll Ups

I have made these before and Andrew liked them but they were too creamy for me and I didn't like the texture. Andrew wanted them for dinner so I got on Pinterest to see if I could find a different recipe and found these. I decided to combine both recipes and still make my own changes. It was really good and I'm glad there are left overs for lunch today.

I started with making an alfredo sauce:
  • 1/2 cup butter
  • 3 oz of cream cheese (I used light)
  • 2 cups of milk (I used 1%)
  • 2 tsp of garlic powder
  • 2 tsp of italian seasoning
  • 1 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of pepper
  • 1/4 cup flour
  • 1 cup of parmesan cheese
In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter and cream cheese and add the spices and flour. Whisk together until the chunks of flour are gone. Add milk and whisk until smooth. Let thicken for about 5-7 minutes. Add cheese and reduce to a simmer for about 5 more minutes.

While the sauce is thickening start a pot of boiling water to cook 9 lasagna noodles.

Heat oven to 375.

Pour a thin layer of the alfredo sauce (I didn't measure this I just poured it right in, maybe a little less than 1/2 a cup) to evenly coat the bottom of a pan. 

For the lasagna filling:
  • 5 oz of cream cheese
  • 2 cups of shredded chicken
  • 1 cup of alfredo sauce
  • 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese (I used colby jack)
  • 2 tsp of dried basil
  • 2 tsp of dried oregano
  • 1/2 tsp of garlic powder
  • 1/2 tsp of onion powder
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1 tsp of pepper
Add everything into a a medium sized mixing bowl and beat or stir together.  

Once the lasagna noodles are cooked, drain and place on a cookie sheet or a clean counter. Then evenly spread the filling onto each noodle.

Roll and place into the pan.


If you have any left over filling mix with the rest of the alfredo sauce. Then pour over the lasagna rolls and add some cheese. (I grated it right on to the top of the lasagna rolls, so once again I didn't measure it, maybe 1/2 a cup)


Bake 15-20 minute or until cheese is melted and the rolls are warmed all the way through.



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment