Wednesday, August 13, 2014

How Andrew and Kennedy got to be the B's

The story of how you and me became we!

Andrew and I met in the fall of 2012. At first I ignored him, not on purpose, I was just busy and wasn't looking for a relationship. He just kept coming over with his friends. One day he asked me to come to his basketball game and I told him I would come. He was really good! After the game, we went back to his apartment and his friend made up some silly game that made us be on a team. I still didn't know he was interested. We stayed out until midnight and he made fun of me because I told him it was way past my bedtime. I normally went to bed between 10 and 10:30 because I had 7:45 class every morning. After that we started hanging out more and I started getting less sleep. Then one day we went on a date. It wasn't anything special. We got hot chocolate from Maverik (yes, the gas station) and picked up a coloring page. We went back to his apartment and colored on his kitchen table and talked. It was a lot of fun even though it was simple. He nicely walked me home and we talked until 1 or so in the morning. We continued to date and enjoyed the rest of the semester together. He came home with me for Christmas break and met my family. It was fun to drive 9 hours in the car. You learn so much about someone on road trips and I didn't see any red flags so things were going good. He took my family to the airport and we went to Belize for Christmas and he continued on to California by himself. While we were apart I realized how much I liked him and didn't like not being able to see him and talk to him. Luckily we had wifi so I could message him, which was better than nothing. After I got back I flew to his house and spent New Years with him and his family. Then we headed back to school, 16 more hours in the car. We had a lot of time to talk and decided we liked each other enough that we didn't ever want to be apart. We were engaged by the end of January.


Andrew and I got married in April of 2013. It was a beautiful day even though it was a little windy. We were so blessed to have so much family and friends there to support us on our big day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment