Thursday, August 14, 2014

Growing Baby and Slowly Growing Belly

On Tuesday, we had another appointment with the baby doctor. When she measured me she said I was measuring 2 weeks smaller and she wanted to make sure that Owen was growing at the right rate and had us schedule an ultrasound to check the fetal weight and size. The ultrasound technician was booked for the day so we had to wait until the next day.
Once everything was finished on Wednesday, the tech said that I was in the 55th percentile and that even though I measure small Owen is doing well. His head was ahead of schedule and the rest of his body is also doing good and growing on schedule. She said that by how big he is that he averages 2 days bigger than predicted. So even though I'm small he isn't. She estimated that he weighs a little more than 4 pounds. She then told me that some people hide their babies better and that I'm really lucky. I was relieved to hear that everything was good and that Owen is still healthy and is quickly running out of room. I still think that I'm big but I guess I could be bigger.



No comments:

Post a Comment