Saturday, October 31, 2015

Halloween Festivities

On Thursday we carved pumpkins with Mitch and Kendra. Their pumpkin turned out so cute. Owen sat still while they traced his hands and feet. Andrew, like always, did a sports pumpkin. I helped him gut it and carve it. He free handed it which was quite impressive. Owen liked the pumpkin guts. He even tried to eat them... then wasn't as much of a fan.







One day I will remember to take more pictures. Owen actually kept his hood on for the most part. I think he is a dragon (it has wings). The people at the trunk or treat said he was a cute dinosaur or alligator. Either way he was pretty cute. When we first put on his costume he even growled but of course when we tried to record it he would just stare at us. His favorite trick or treat item was a tooth brush. What a silly kid. He loved the pumpkins and would try to pick them up. He isn't quite strong enough for most of them but he tried.

I made Owen's goodie bag. It was cute and so easy. I took about 5 minutes. I took a cereal box and wrapped it in black butcher paper I had lying around. Then I made eyes out of duct tape, and cut out a mouth from construction paper. I drew on teeth and glued everything on the box. I cut a hole on each side of the box, found some ribbon and threaded it threw and tied it in a not. Easy peasy and cute!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your pictures and reports about your activities. You are such a cute family. I miss you and am looking forward to seeing you at Christmas. Love Grandma

    ReplyDelete