Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Teriyaki Burgers on Homemade Buns

For dinner today I made teriyaki burgers. I also made the buns which turned out really good. This recipe is definitely a keeper! I halved the recipe because I didn't want extra buns.

After rising for 45 minutes

With the wash.
I didn't have a brush so I just drizzled it with a spoon.

Right out of the oven.
I only baked for 14 minutes. Watch carefully so they don't burn.

Nice and Fluffy!
 Here is the recipe I based mine off of for the marinade. I changed just a few things. I used real garlic (1 clove), onion powder (2 tsps) and ground ginger (1 tsp). I didn't have any Worcestershire sauce so I just used extra soy sauce.  It kept the hamburger patties nice and moist. I marinated them in the fridge for almost 2 hours while the dough was rising. I grilled the burgers on a George Foreman Grill.

Here are the ingredients. 


I then grilled canned pineapple to add to the burger. Once everything was ready I added Mayo to the bun, then the burger, some cheese and the pineapple.

Enjoy!

1 comment: