Monday, September 29, 2014

Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

This is what the weather was like for the last 2 days, so I declared a SOUP DAY!

Andrew has had a cold the last few days so I thought chicken noodle soup was extra fitting.

Chicken Noodle Soup Recipe

2 cups chicken - I used a double breasted chicken breast so it had the bones to give the broth more flavor
10 cups of chicken broth
1 cup carrots
1/2 cup celery
1 onion
Salt and Pepper to taste
noodles - I made my own - recipe to follow

Let chicken cook in the broth on low for about an hour.
Take chicken out and cut the carrots, celery and onion into bite size pieces. Add to broth.
Take the chicken off the bone and cut into bite size pieces. Add to broth.
Let simmer for about 30 minutes.
Bring to boil and cook the noodles about 10 minutes.
Serve!

Noodle Recipe
2 cups flour
2 eggs
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp water

Mix together in a bowl with hands.
Flour counter and roll out.
Use pizza cutter to cut about 1/4 inch pieces.
Place in boiling broth and cook for about 10 minutes.


I also made rolls and the recipe can be found here.



Enjoy and stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment